Yoga is an ancient system of healthcare for every stage of your life, no matter what your current shape. Whether young or old, flexible or stiff, fit or someone who doesn’t do any exercise, there is a class for you. At Jiva Health we have classes for all stages and a fun yoga community where we can practice in a beautiful studio. A true home from home, to make healthcare really enjoyable.
Yoga is one of India’s ancient philosophies based on strengthening your physical, mental and spiritual capabilities to experience overall health and happiness and improve the quality of your life.
Yoga as a generic term refers to a way of life incorporating physical postures, breathing exercises and meditation designed to improve health and well being. Yoga is taken from the Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’ meaning ‘union’. The ancient teachings emphasize the union of the body and mind. Of all forms of movement, yoga is one of the most universally recommended, and one of the most effective from a holistic standpoint.
Yoga works on a physical and mental level
Physical benefits: –
- Increases strength and muscle tone
- Corrects postural imbalances and related problems and softens muscular tension
- Increases overall fitness and cardiovascular activity
- Promotes weight loss
- Increases flexibility
- Increases balance, coordination and overall body awareness
- Tones internal organs and promotes the purification of the body by releasing toxins and waste
- Balances the nervous and endocrine systems, boosts the immune system and digestive system and stimulates the brain
- Promotes deep breathing and increases lung capacity helping to relax, reduce anxiety or stress, prevent disease and reduce symptoms of asthma or other breathing related conditions
- Provides relief from stress related conditions, insomnia, IBS, fatigue, and depression
- Helps relieve anxiety and stress
- Calms and trains the mind
- Increases concentration, motivation and focus
- Increases energy levels
- Balances the body on an energetic level encouraging emotional stability
- Improves mental clarity
- Increases self-awareness and self-acceptance