Congratulations on your pregnancy
This is a really exciting and scary time where your body will go through lots of changes. As will your emotions. And there is so much information out there – when should I be starting my pelvic floor exercises and what are they – should my body feel like this – my back hurts – how can I make birth less terrifying. You can read all of this information. Or you can come to pregnancy yoga, practice with others in the same boat, get specialist advice and overall actually feel it in your body.
Yoga helps to increase your self- awareness as your body goes through changes, and helps you cope with them and your emotions pre-birth.
Pregnancy yoga will: –
- give you techniques to help you establish a calm mind and mental strength to take you through the pregnancy and after birth
- keeps your body in good condition and good alignment in pregnancy
- encourages lymphatic drainage reducing fluid retention and swollen hands and feet
- encourage deep relaxation through proper diaphragmatic breathing, helping to stabilize emotions and deal with tiredness
- tones your pelvic floor muscles vital to support your uterus and other organs during pregnancy, and increases their elasticity preparing them for birth
- give you techniques to use all the way through labour
- helps your body to recover more easily post birth