What does a session involve?
- A full biomechanical assessment of your body standing and in movement – similar to an osteo or physio assessment
- Gait analysis
- Correctional exercises to realign the body
- A full report and program
What does it do?
- Immediately gets you feeling easier, lighter, able to move well
- improve posture
- improve function and performance through the whole body
- move the body away from tension and pain
- reset the body to it’s natural centre
A long term solution out of tension and pain
Luckily the way you walk is a hard wired circuit in your brain, drumming along in the background, in the same way as breathing, chewing and swallowing. So if you imagine a drum has gone off beat, this treatment re-sets that beat. That beat will not change, as long as you move well. Of course, you can’t change your job, give up your sofa and not wear shoes. But you will re-educate you body and brain and understand how you can do a few simple movements regularly to just re-check the beat. You will understand it. It may take one session, it may take up to 6, but then you will get a body awareness to always be able to take the pressure away.
Initial 70 min session: £90/ (includes assessment, treatment and a full written report with exercises)
All clients see a massive improvement in one session but follow up sessions are available to maximise movement and performance
Follow up 60 min treatment sessions – £70
Packages: 6 – 60 min sessions for £360
As recently showcased in ‘Doctor in the House’ by Gary Ward – Anatomy in Motion founder
Gait realignment therapy treats the natural flow of the body in motion as opposed to having your alignment changed on a massage bed, or even trying to focus on isolated muscle groups and working hard to recruit muscles.
The way you move everyday is probably not natural. Hunched over a computer at a desk, slouching on the sofa, the shoes you wear, the bags you carry. Your body has to compensate and shifts your alignment to do so but this can cause pressure. And that pressure can result in tension and pain.
Using the most natural movement you put your body back in the right place. Effectively you remind the body that it does not have to compensate. You realign the body in a mechanical sense to reduce the pressure.
- Tish or an AiM practitioner will view and analyze your movement patterns and gait cycle to find what is happening or not happening in the body that has taken you away from your natural alignment and centre
Natural corrective exercises re-educate your brain and body and to get both talking to each other so that the whole body moves the way it should – with ease. This is more than strengthening a muscle. You will get the whole body talking.